Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome 2011

I read some great material during the holiday week between Christmas and New Year's that inspired me to spiral inward and ponder the messages within the context of PCT.  This experience was like a delicious ice cream sundae of the most exotic flavors and toppings - each one so different in its individual expression, yet they came together for a fascinating and delightful experience.

The Princess Boy - A children's book of acceptance and expressing your authentic self.  I am fascinated by the mother's journey to understand the deep cultural and religious perspectives that framed her knowing of her son; and her attempt to influence his way of being / behaving.  The tipping point - an important moment in her unfolding self-awareness when she made the conscious choice to transform these habits of mind and the ultimate journey to transform her relationship with her son. 

The events in her life that led up to her writing this beautiful tale of expressing one's authentic self are the seeds of change.  The book is wonderful.  The website is intriguing.  Her story of experiences that led to writing the book, touched me.  I continue to learn more about myself when I open my heart to another person's story. 

Other thought evoking material included; a leadership book on leading with power and passion, and an interesting article on adjective-based goals.  Both to be discussed more this week.

All three offered many learning opportunities and touch my soul like the colorful sprinkles on an ice cream sundae.  It was a wonderful week to unwind from the outer world that often drives my unconscious behavior and reconnect to my authentic self.

No comments:

Post a Comment