Monday, December 20, 2010

12/20/2010 - Today's Pondering

Being and becoming.  This is my mantra.   Being a person-centered thinker is a tall order.  It necessitates that I am aware of the intricate filters of my perceptual lens.  As I type I wonder; why did I choose the phrase “tall order” to add meaning to how I feel about this way of being.  Do I hold the assumption that person-centeredness is a formidable task?  Right now, I become aware of another thread of my knowing yet undiscovered – when did I first hear the phrase “a tall order”?  What meaning does it hold for me?  What meaning have others attached to the phrase ‘tall order’?  Why would I hold the assumption that being a person-centered thinker is a formidable task?   Do others think that being a person-centered thinker is a tall order?
Perhaps the formidable task at hand is to give myself the space to be exactly who I am today – and to hold the intention to continue to grow into the complete human being I am meant to become.  The more I extend with person-centeredness (being) the more I become person-centered in my relationships.   

No comments:

Post a Comment